Business visas are issued to travelers who need to travel to Lesotho in relation their business activities or on behalf of their company and expect to stay in Lesotho for a limited time. If your business trip requires an extended stay in the country exceeding 90 days, then you should obtain the one year visa and you may be required to register with the immigration department. Details of the process may be obtained from the Kingdom of Lesotho Immigration website: The Lesotho Government Portal
- Applicant must provide business license and documentation that will validate business relations.
- Applicant must provide current bank statements and proof of travel insurance.
- Applicant must provide a business itinerary that includes travel accommodations.
- Applicant must submit business references: a letter from employer or an invitation letter from the Lesotho organization..
- All documents submitted in a foreign language (other than English), must be accompanied with an official English translation
- All Business travelers must register with the Directorate of Immigration. Travelers must present passport and nationality verification within 7 days of arrival.
Diplomats are only required to provide their diplomatic passport when applying in an official capacity. Persons traveling with a diplomatic passport or for an official government business are not required to obtain a regular Visa to the Kingdom of Lesotho. However, you must be in possession of a letter of invitation issued by the government agency you are visiting. You may also contact a Lesotho embassy near you or contact the Department of Home Affairs in Lesotho to obtain the letter of Invitation.
Upon entry into the Kingdom of Lesotho, please report to the Ministry of Home Affairs where you will receive a manual visa stamp free of charge from the immigration directorate.
To travel to the Kingdom of Lesotho you must make sure:
Your passport is valid for at 6 months from the date of entry.
You carry with you a letter of invitation issued by a government agency.
Your itinerary and address in Lesotho.
You carry with you proof of Yellow Fever vaccination if it applies to you